6 #10 Can
Tomatoes, whole, peeled
Garlic, Fresh, Minced
Bay leaves, Dry
- In stock pot, add Oil, garlic, bay leaves, and chili flakes
- On low heat cook garlic until light brown and fragrant
- This should take a half hour the heat must be VERY LOW
- While garlic is cooking pass the tomatoes through a food mill ensuring that all pulp goes through
- Add tomatoes to the pot bring to a boil.
- Once boiling turn down to a simmer and cook ½ hour
- Add basil simmer 15 minutes
- Remove basil, season with salt to taste and cool down.